MACO Webinar: Mid-Atlantic Fish Habitat is Changing
This session is intended to help Mid-Atlantic Committee on the Ocean (MACO) members and stakeholders better understand how research examining fish species and fish habitat shifts will contribute to the body of knowledge to help fishermen, fisheries managers, ocean use planners, and coastal communities track ocean change, assess fisheries resources at risk, and ultimately safeguard the nation’s valuable marine fish stocks in this dynamic and ever changing ocean space.
1:00 p.m. Welcome Kevin Hassell: MACO Chair, NJDEP
Introductions Jessica Coakley: MACO Steering Committee, MAFMC
1:05 p.m. Presentations Facilitator: Jessica Coakley
- Vincent S. Saba: NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service(NMFS) / Princeton University Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory
- Rich J. Bell: The Nature Conservancy
- Victoria Kentner and Chris Haak: Integrated Statistics / NOAA NMFS / Monmouth University
- Emily Farr, Mike Johnson, and Mark Nelson: NOAA NMFS
- James W. Morley: East Carolina University, Coastal Studies Institute
1:55 p.m. Discussion and Questions
The panel of experts will then answer questions and share their thoughts on this pressing issue in our region.
2:30 p.m. Webinar concluded
This webinar was supported by funding from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation.