Work Groups & Collaborative Efforts
MARCO and MACO collaborate with governmental agencies, tribal nations and many other interested stakeholders through a series of specially focused work groups. Their areas of concentration are:
- Marine Debris: Reduction and prevention of litter such as balloons that pose a hazard to marine life
- Ocean Acidification: The continued development of a comprehensive ocean acidification monitoring network and research plan through the Mid-Atlantic Coastal Acidification Network
- Ocean Mapping and Data: Continued operations, maintenance and updating of the Mid-Atlantic Ocean Data Portal, including convening the MARCO Ocean Mapping & Data Team. The 2020 Portal Work Plan can be downloaded here. More information about OMDT can be found on the Climate Change Adaptation and Marine Habitats webpages.
- Non-Consumptive Recreation: Increased consideration of the importance of non-consumptive recreation.
- Offshore Renewable Energy: a forum for regular inter-agency discussion around offshore wind development in the region and access to data on the Portal, environmental reports, and proposed offshore wind development activities.
- Maritime Commerce and Navigation Safety: Integration of the safe transit of people and goods into regional planning efforts
Additional work groups or other coordination efforts will be established and led by MARCO, federal agencies or other regional ocean partners to address emerging priorities over time, based on available resources. Inquiries to any of these work groups may be directed to email@example.com.
The following is a list of public events or activities related to the work groups in which MARCO participates. Check the Event Calendar for other events of interest or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Portal “How Tuesday” November 16 2:00 PM
Join us Nov. 16 at 2 p.m. for an edition of the Portal’s “How Tuesday” webinar series that provides a tutorial on using Groups and the Portal’s other advanced tools. For details and to register and obtain a Zoom link, please click here.