Mid-Atlantic Ocean Forum
MACO convened its Third Annual Mid-Atlantic Ocean Forum from May 3-6, 2021. Thank you to all who attended and helped make the event a success!
About the Forum
To engage the diverse interests in the region and enhance the vitality of the region’s ocean ecosystem and economy, the MARCO states and a partnership of federal agencies, tribal entities and the Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council have formed the Mid-Atlantic Committee on the Ocean (MACO). The Committee will convene an annual Mid-Atlantic Ocean Forum, as resources allow, as a venue for regional information sharing, coordination and collaboration, and to enhance the region’s ability to leverage existing efforts and information across multiple state and federal government agencies, federally-recognized tribes, non-governmental entities and ocean stakeholders.
- Provide a venue for ongoing regional information sharing and coordination about the Mid-Atlantic’s ocean ecosystem and economy;
- Generate a deeper understanding and awareness of state, federal, tribal and regional fisheries management entities’ programs and other activities affecting ocean waters off the Mid-Atlantic;
- Identify and pursue, where appropriate, opportunities for collaboration on regional ocean issues;
- Generate and maintain a list of contacts engaged in ocean planning to facilitate communication across the region;
- Identify ways to enhance federal data sharing and support for the Mid-Atlantic Ocean Data Portal to inform ocean planning and management; and
- Engage stakeholders in learning about, identifying and responding to regional ocean issues.
- May 19, 2020: The second Mid-Atlantic Ocean Forum was held virtually and a supplemental Forum was held subsequently to offer the public more time to provide input to MACO. 2020 Ocean Forum Summary Report
- March 20, 2019: The first Mid-Atlantic Ocean Forum was held March 20 at Monmouth University in West Long Branch, New Jersey. Click here for videos and meeting materials.