Mid-Atlantic Ocean Forum
The 2020 Mid-Atlantic Ocean Forum Webinar was held Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
The webinar recording, agenda, presentation slides, speaker bios, background information about MACO materials, and the Pre-Forum Webinar 2/27/20 recording are available here.
A supplemental forum was held June 23, 2020 10:00 – 11:30 AM
The agenda, background materials and recording for the second opportunity for Mid-Atlantic Region stakeholders to provide input on MACO activities and to brainstorm issues for future collaboration are here.
The 2020 Forum Summary Report recaps the proceedings of both the May 19 and June 23 Forums including stakeholder comments received and links to the recordings and materials.
- Provide a venue for ongoing regional information sharing and coordination about the Mid-Atlantic’s ocean ecosystem and economy;
- Generate a deeper understanding and awareness of state, federal, tribal and regional fisheries management entities’ programs and other activities affecting ocean waters off the Mid-Atlantic;
- Identify and pursue, where appropriate, opportunities for collaboration on regional ocean issues;
- Generate and maintain a list of contacts engaged in ocean planning to facilitate communication across the region;
- Identify ways to enhance federal data sharing and support for the Mid-Atlantic Ocean Data Portal to inform ocean planning and management; and
- Engage stakeholders in learning about, identifying and responding to regional ocean issues.
- March 20, 2019: The first Mid-Atlantic Ocean Forum was held March 20 at Monmouth University in West Long Branch, New Jersey. Click here for videos and meeting materials.