Mid-Atlantic Ocean Forum
2023 Mid-Atlantic Ocean Forum
The fifth annual Mid-Atlantic Ocean Forum will be held in New York City on May 17 and 18, 2023. See event page for more information.
About the Forum
To engage the diverse interests in the region and enhance the vitality of the region’s ocean ecosystem and economy, the MARCO states and a partnership of federal agencies, Tribal entities and the Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council have formed the Mid-Atlantic Committee on the Ocean (MACO). The Committee will convene an annual Mid-Atlantic Ocean Forum, as resources allow, as a venue for regional information sharing, coordination and collaboration, and to enhance the region’s ability to leverage existing efforts and information across multiple state and federal government agencies, federally-recognized tribes, non-governmental entities and ocean stakeholders.
- Provide a venue for ongoing regional information sharing and coordination about the Mid-Atlantic’s ocean ecosystem and economy;
- Generate a deeper understanding and awareness of state, federal, tribal and regional fisheries management entities’ programs and other activities affecting ocean waters off the Mid-Atlantic;
- Identify and pursue, where appropriate, opportunities for collaboration on regional ocean issues;
- Generate and maintain a list of contacts engaged in ocean planning to facilitate communication across the region;
- Identify ways to enhance federal data sharing and support for the Mid-Atlantic Ocean Data Portal to inform ocean planning and management; and
- Engage stakeholders in learning about, identifying and responding to regional ocean issues.
- May 5-6, 2022: The fourth annual Mid-Atlantic Ocean Forum was held virtually. See event page for recordings and materials.
- May 3-6, 2021: MACO convened its third annual Mid-Atlantic Ocean Forum virtually. Visit the web page to view videos and other materials from the event.
- May 19, 2020: The second Mid-Atlantic Ocean Forum was held virtually and a supplemental Forum was held subsequently to offer the public more time to provide input to MACO. 2020 Ocean Forum Summary Report
- March 20, 2019: The first Mid-Atlantic Ocean Forum was held March 20 at Monmouth University in West Long Branch, New Jersey. Click here for videos and meeting materials.
For More Information
Questions or comments about the Mid-Atlantic Ocean Forum may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.